I woke up the other day, it was 1 degree outside. Yep. 1. My husband works outside and what else do you want other than comfort food on days like these. Hence, I give you...
Cheesy Meat Loaf Minis compliments of Cooking Light Magazine
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs (about 1 ounce)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 3 ounces white cheddar cheese, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 11.6g (sat 5.7g,mono 3.9g,poly 0.9g)
1) 1.5 lbs of a mixed trio of ground beef, pork and veal (what i had on hand)
2) I omitted the horseradish
3) 3/4 tsp of italian seasoning over oregano (couldn't find oregano in my pantry)
I went all "home and garden" with the pics but my flash was off boo! luckily I took a pic when the meat loafs just came out of the oven when the overhead light was on. And then thanks to iphoto, i was able to enhance the pic. I promise: next post, better pics.
|Cheesy Meat Loaf Minis|
Overall, pretty freakin amazing. the little man, the hubby and big daddy (my dad) all ate it up. The diced, white cheddar seriously makes the recipe. Bonus: leftovers! I toasted a small roll and made myself a meat loaf mini sammy for lunch the next day.
And for my weight watchers' peeps, each mini meat loaf is just 7 points.